- License Management
- Explanation of the terminology
- Editing Users
- Editing roles
In order to best use docu tools, we recommend that prior to using the software you read about the different user and licene management methods.
Owner of the Organisation is the person who first signs up with the company name. Generally, this tends to be the IT specialist of your company, or the person who will consequently also be responsible for the administration of the software (e.g. administering licenses, inviting users to projects etc.).
Select your company name during the first registration. This needs to be the same as the name of the organisation. The name is visible to external users and project partners.
License management is only visible for users with the corresponding license to manage other users. This license is given by the Owner of the Organisation.
Here you can invite colleagues.
Attention: These users are NOT the team into which you invite external users, contacts and sub-contractors. Everything you need to know about ‘Team’ can be found here!
Click ‘Options’ and then ‘Invite User’ to invite a new user to your organisation.
Enter the e-mail address in the designated box and click ‘Invite’.
In User Management you have an overview over your ‘License/licenses’.
This is where you can see whether more Users can be invited, or whether you need further licenses.
Mark Users as inactive
- Un-tick the Users you want to de-activate
- Click ‘Option’
- Select ‘Mark User as inactive’
Mass import for Users
Licenses can be test licenses, full licenses, or expired licenses.
- Active: The User already uses docu tools and has accepted the invitation.
- Inactiv: A User who no longer works for the organisation, or is currently not using docu tools.
- Pending: If the status is ‚Pending’ the sent invitation has not yet been accepted. Check the e-mail address and re-send the invitation, if necessary.
Beginning and End of the Membership
Here is the only difference in the payment method (monthly or annual payment).
User management must be selected so that a User can have the permission to invite other Users into the organisation. This permission can be exclusively given by the Owner of the Organisation.
Only if this box is ticked does a User have the license to ‘manage a project’. The licens is given in ‘Global Content’.
With the license to manage users (which is given by the Owner of the Organisation) can the personal settings of the User be changed, if necessary. To edit a User’s settings, click in License management on the relevant User.
Set elements are ‘e-mail address’ and ‘Organisation/Company’. These cannot be changed subsequently and are automatically filled in when the User invitation to docu tools is sent.
- The License settings provide an overview about the beginning and end of your license, and whether it is a test or full license.
- ‘Global Rights’ (project management) can be activated by every User who has been licensed to manage Users.
The Owner of the Organisation or the User with the relevant right gives other Users Roles for different projects. This way, Users can be directly allocated to various projects, without inviting them into the Team.
- Click on ‘Options’ and select ‘Roles’.
- ‘Search’ either for the project to which you want to add the User or filter the list.
- Then click on ‘+’ to select the relevant Role for the User in the project.
Select one of the given Roles:
- External Consultant
- Internal Consultant
Tip: For further information on the topic of Roles click here!