- Data sets and Function
- Import Excel-lists
- Allocate values from a list to a Pin
- Information to view values
- Update data sets
- Export data sets
- Manually edit data sets
Data sets and Functions
A data set is needed to add an additional category, or a keyword to a Pin, so that Pins can be filtered by those, e.g. for the creation of a Room book. An entire room book is imported with all the information of the individual rooms and each Pin is allocated to a Room (value from the data set); all values of the room book are visible on site.
A data set can be any Excel list: Door lists, key lists, check-lists, floor lists, trades list, section lists, fire damper lists, numbered fire extinguisher lists etc.
Tip: In Version 2.x of docu tools this feature is called ‘Room’. In the new version this function has been expanded so that it can be used for a much wider application field instead of just the allocation of Pins to Rooms.
Import Excel list
- Go in your project to the menu option ‘Data set’
- Select in ‘Options’ the field ‘Import’
- Name the Data set and select the file
- If the liste has been created in a ways fort he title of individual items tob e in the first column, then please tick the box ‘Invert Columns and Rows to keep first column as title’
- Click ‘Import’
- In the last step mark the two columns on which their ID, or the title of the value, should be drawn.
Tip: ID und title of the column are the two values which are shown in the Pin. Here, for example, you can see a Pin with which the room "UZE_U1_02_HT Wohnraum" has been selected. "UZE_U1_02_HT" is the ID of the value and "Wohnraum" its title.
- If you have awarded the ID and column then this is displayed above the column. Based on both these two values you can now Search when you want to allocate a value to a Pin.
Allocate Value from a list to a Pin
- Open the Pin anc click on ‘Options’
- Click on ‘Add Data set value’
- Select the ‘Data set’
- Select a value from the data set. You can also search for the title or ID of the value.
- If you have ‘selected a value’ then all ‘additional information’ is displayed.
- Click on the top right on ‘Options’ and ‘Save’. The value of the data set gets connected with the Pin.
Tip: If you want to import multiple values from the same data set, repeat this process. This also goes for the values from other data sets. An arbitrary number of values from multiple data sets can be added to a Pin
Information to view value
As soon as you have selected a value, docu tools will show you automatically all information from this value.
You can view all values of a data set. Select a Pin of a data set, click on ‘Options’ and on ‘Show entire data set’ to delete the data set from the Pin.
Update Data sets
Open your Data sets and click on ‘Options’
Click on ‘Write over data set’.
Select the updated file (CSV, XLSX) and drag the file into the field.
Once you have updated a data set, the old data set is deposited in grey.
Export Data sets
You can export current and old data sets from docu tools. Open your data sets, select ‘Options’ and click on ‘Export data set’.
Click ‘Export’ to download the data set.
Manually edit Data sets
You can edit data sets that have already been uploaded in different ways, adding new rows and columns.
Open the data set. Click tot he top right on ‘Options’ and then on ‘Edit’.
Here you can find multiple editing options:
- Add row
- Add column
Clicking on ‘Edit’ you can edit the entire content of the row, without needing to upload a new version.